Fast Growing Trees
My Favorite Trees For Privacy or Shade
We all want fast growing trees...we want that shade and/or privacy now!
However, some trees just grow faster than others, and this might be important for a variety of reasons:
- You want privacy and you really don't want to wait that long to have it.
- Shade is a priority for a very hot and sunny location.
- You just want a more mature landscape.
*Note - sometimes fast growing trees are weaker plants and shorter lived, so be careful which ones you select. An example of this would be the Silver Maple.
Pear Trees Lining a Driveway
Here are some fast growing trees that I would
recommend because they are also beautiful and hardy. Be sure to check
each tree's plant zone to make sure it grows in your zone.
Quick Growing Evergreen Trees
Leyland Cypress Trees
- Leyland Cypress
(learn more) - a very fast growing evergreen tree. For really fast
screening, Leyland Cypress is a good one. It will grow a few feet each
- Green Giant Arborvitae
(learn more) - this is another fast growing evergreen tree. It's
probably one of the best choices for privacy. Evergreen, speedy growth,
and wind and ice resistant.
Need some additional great information on landscaping trees for your property? My new ebook Trees For Landscaping tells you everything you need to know. Take a look! (Great pictures too!)
Here are some very nice shade trees that will mature more quickly than many others.
- Pear 'Chanticleer' - gets to be about 15' - 20' wide with
beautiful fall color. Early spring flowers. Pear trees look great lining
a driveway or out in the open. 'Chanticleer' is one of the narrower
trees and should be considered if you are tight on space in a particular
area of your landscape. It does have a pyramidal shape.
- Honey Locust - golden fall color with delicate foliage.
- Red Maple ' October Glory' - one of my favorites! Fall color is outstanding, as can be seen in this photo. It's the middle tree.
is one of the trees you see in the fall that are breathtaking. Its
canopy is oval in youth and gets to be wide and graceful as it ages. The
leaves are medium size and very pretty and the tree is nice throughout
all the seasons.
It will get to be about 45 feet tall and about 30 feet wide.
Beautiful Red Maple Trees
- Weeping Willow - for large spaces...looks great near water.
- Willow Oak
To further help you with information on trees, get my FREE ebook
Trees For Landscaping where you will find the following:
- My very favorite trees
- The top ornamental flowering trees for front and back yards
- Shade trees - my choices
- Information on great evergreen trees
- Tree information, such as heights and widths, growth rates, etc.
- Professional tips on use and placement
These are trees that I use in designs for my clients. I also provide
many beautiful tree pictures. Take a look! You will also receive great
landscape ideas from me!
If you enjoyed this page, please share it!
Return From Fast Growing Trees to Landscape Trees
Landscape Design Advice Home