Favorites and Low Maintenance
Best Plants for 2012
Hi everyone...happy spring! With the season just about starting, you might be thinking of re-doing parts of your landscape or just adding some additional plants to what you have.
So here are my recommended plants. They are simply some of my favorites. How do they come to be? They are beautiful, hardy and low maintenance!
- Flowering Dogwood - beautiful flowers in either pink or white and great fall color.
- River Birch - beautiful bark...very striking
- Japanese Red Maple - the variety 'Bloodgood' has red foliage all season.
- Norway Spruce - elegant, hardy and deer resistant
- 'Green Giant' Arborvitae - great for privacy...extremely fast growing!
- Lilac - not only lovely flowers but fragrant too.
- Easy Shrub Roses - a must! They flower on and off all season and are very disease and pest resistant.
- 'Green Velvet' Boxwood - a very hardy and pretty Boxwood that only gets to be 30' to 36" tall.
- 'China Girl' Blue Holly - one of the smaller varieties with great fall berries.
- PJM Rhododendron - a little bit different look with smaller leaves than the typical Rhodo.
- Lavender 'Hidcote' - fragrant, lovely. Looks great near roses
- Coneflower - there are so many to choose from. Long period of bloom and hardy.
- Sedum 'Autum Joy' - Virtually maintenance free and blooms late in the season.
So these are just a few of different plant varieties to get you started. Follow the links above to get more detail on many of these plants. There are also beautiful photos there. Have a great season!